Substance abuse treatment centers are specialized facilities that provide comprehensive care and support for individuals who are struggling with addiction. They use a variety of evidence-based approaches to help individuals overcome their substance use and achieve lasting recovery.
- Assessment: Upon entering a substance abuse treatment center, individuals undergo a thorough assessment to determine the extent and nature of their substance use. This assessment helps treatment providers tailor an individualized treatment plan that addresses the specific needs and challenges of each person.
- Detoxification: For many individuals, the first step in substance abuse treatment is detoxification, which involves the safe and supervised withdrawal from the abused substance. During this process, individuals are monitored by medical professionals to ensure their safety and comfort.
- Rehabilitation: After detoxification, individuals typically participate in a rehabilitation program that combines therapy, counseling, and other therapeutic activities. This process helps individuals develop the skills and strategies they need to manage their addiction and maintain sobriety.
- Medication-assisted treatment: In some cases, individuals may also receive medication-assisted treatment to help manage the symptoms of withdrawal and reduce the risk of relapse. FDA-approved medications are used in combination with counseling and other therapeutic services.
- Aftercare planning: Upon completing the substance abuse treatment program, individuals develop an aftercare plan that outlines the steps they will take to maintain their sobriety and prevent relapse.
So if you know someone struggling with addiction, substance abuse treatment centers can provide comprehensive care and support for them. Check to see if it’s covered by their health insurance. Options like Jerico Share health insurance are a great idea for your loved one.